Alicia Patterson – Head of Environmental Health – updated members on the current situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of 27 October 2020 there had been more than 43.5 million confirmed cases worldwide, with more than 1.15 million deaths. Details regarding transmission, symptoms, preventative measures, legislation were outlined, together with the timeline of different stages of restrictions that were imposed throughout the UK. The most recent ‘Lockdown’ was imposed throughout England on 5 November 2020 and was due to expire on 2 December 2020, after which the ‘Tier’ approach would be adopted on a regional basis. From that date, all of Staffordshire and Derbyshire would be in Tier 3 (Very High Alert).
Appended to the report was an LA COVID-19 Checklist, detailing requirements in a Tier 1 (Medium risk) area. In addition to the measures shown in the checklist, Tier 3 requirements were:-
· No meeting indoors with anyone you don’t live with;
· No meeting outdoors with more than 6 people;
· All hospitality outlets to remain closed, with only takeaway, click & collect or delivery of food allowed;
· Indoor entertainment venues to remain closed (Zoos etc);
· Leisure Centres allowed to open, but no exercise classes to take place;
· No large outdoor events to take place except driving events;
· Maximum of 15 guests at Weddings, 30 at Funerals.
Responding to a member query where a ‘Track & Trace’ Centre had been set up next to an allotment site, Alicia confirmed that, provided masks were worn by attendees at the Track & Trace centre, the outdoor nature meant that the risk of transmission was greatly reduced.
RESOLVED – That the report be NOTED.