25 DCC Consultation - The Future of Direct Care Homes for Older People PDF 294 KB
Members considered a consultation by Derbyshire County Council around the future of direct care homes for older people, which specifically impacts Goyt Valley House, New Mills. Attached to the report was a copy of the response by members to the previous consultation undertaken in 2020.
It was noted that a representative of DCC had been invited to attend this meeting, but that the invitation had been declined.
The following comments were made:
· Concerns regarding the impact on the residents if they are relocated
· A shortage of places available within a 10 mile radius rated as good
· Concerns regarding greater travelling distances, particularly in view of often inclement weather conditions and poor public transport network.
· Impact of the rural nature of the area
· Concerns around the loss of yet more services
· Conflicting information around upkeep and worthiness
· Proposals are driven by budgets
· Improvements could be made to the facility
· The facility is well liked and respected by families and residents
· Demolish and rebuild new facility in its place
· Report makes reference to people choosing to live longer at home but it may be difficult to recruit staff to provide care in individuals’ homes and it may not always be appropriate
That the above comments be submitted as the Council’s response to the consultation.