Discussion took place on the consultation responses received in response to the review of the Council’s current Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Policy. This included the potential use of CCTV, past incidents and experiences at other local authorities. Members also considered requirements for vehicle emissions/air quality and vehicle livery.
1. That the consultation responses received to the proposed changes to the Council’s current Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Policy be noted.
2. That the revised Policy be recommended to Council as detailed in the report subject to the following amendments:
Vehicle Emissions/Air Quality
· At first application – Vehicles must meet or exceed Euro 6 (Diesel) Euro 4 (Petrol) emissions standards from 2025.
· At renewal – From 01/04/2027 vehicle licences will not be renewed in respect of any licensed vehicle that does not meet or exceed Euro 6 emissions standards (Diesel) Euro 4 (Petrol) emissions standards.
· That the Policy be revised to allow vehicles to be grey or silver in overall colour.
3. That a formal Data Protection Impact Assessment, regarding the installation of internal CCTV in licensed vehicles be considered at the next meeting.