The report advised the Executive of the results of consultation on the Council’s updated Statement of Community Involvement. The report was considered by the Economy and Growth Select Committee on 7 February 2019.
There were two options:
Option 1 – Decline to recommend a Statement of Community Involvement for adoption. Local planning authorities are required under Section 18 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended) to produce a Statement of Community Involvement. Not recommended.
Option 2 – Recommend any modifications to the updated Statement of Community Involvement, consulted on November / December 2018, and the document’s subsequent adoption by full Council. The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) describes how the Council would seek to engage with residents, businesses and other organisations in decision making on planning policy documents and planning applications in the part of the High Peak outside of the Peak District National Park. Recommended.
That the Executive recommends to Council:
1. That the contents of the report be noted.
2. That the two late representations received be accepted.
3. That the Statement of Community Involvement be approved - subject to the proposed modifications set out in the report - such that a final version of the document can be considered for adoption by full council on 20 February 2019.
The Committee considered the results of the consultation on the Council’s updated Statement of Community Involvement (SCI), following a period of public consultation which resulted in 12 responses being submitted to the draft SCI.
It was requested that the full meaning of hra i.e. habitats regulations assessment be included in the glossary to the report to avoid confusion with the housing revenue account.
On page 51 of the document, it was requested that reference be included as to where the High Peak’s protocol on land use and planning matters and Development Control Committee can be found.
It was also suggested that under SCI 9, that arrangements be made for the weekly planning list to be made available via social media.
1. That, subject to the above, the contents of the report be noted;
2. That the Executive be recommended to accept the two late representations received; and
3. That the Executive be recommended to approve the Statement of Community Involvement, subject to the proposed modifications as set out in the report, and that the final version of the report be considered for adoption by full Council on 20 February 2019.