Venue: Council Chamber - Moorlands House, Leek
Contact: Pat Trafford. 01538 395551 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webcast: View the webcast
b) Introductions of Members and Officers;
c) Other announcements.
a) The Chair confirmed that the meeting was being broadcast live to the internet via the usual webcasting facility and was capable of repeated viewing. The images and sound recording could be used for training purposes within the Council. The Chair had the discretion to terminate or suspend filming if it was his opinion that continuing to do so would prejudice the proceedings of the meeting. Any views expressed by any speaker in the meeting were the speaker’s own and did not necessarily reflect the views of Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.
b) The meeting was held in the Council Chamber, Moorlands House. Members were seated a minimum of 2 meters apart. The Public Gallery was arranged so that social distancing requirements were met, with limited spaces available.
c) Members of the Committee and Officers present were introduced by the Chair.
d) The Chair requested that mobile phones be switched off or to silent.
e) Given the social distancing restrictions in place due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, no actual site visits were undertaken relating to this meeting. However, photos/video were shown to all members both before and during the meeting showing all views of the application sites.
f) Agenda Item 6 – SMD/2021/0296 – Land at Cheadle Equestrian Centre, Eaves Lane, Cheadle had been deferred by the Applicant prior to the meeting.
(a) To approve as a correct record the Public Minutes of the Planning Applications Committee held on 24 June 2021.
(b) Reports on matters arising, if any.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Applications Committee held on 24 June 2021 be APPROVED as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
(Proposed by Councillor Riley and seconded by Councillor Gledhill.)
Urgent items, if any.
There were no urgent items.
Declarations of Interest
i. Disclosable Pecuniary Interests;
ii. Other Interests;
iii. Lobbying Interests.
The following declarations were made at this point, unless stated otherwise:-
ERECTION OF A RURAL WORKER’S DWELLING FOR JENNIFER THOMPSON, VECTHOM SPORTS HORSES.
The application was deferred prior to the meeting at the Applicant’s request.
CONSTRUCTION AND EXTENSION OF A VEHICULAR ACCESS TRACK (ALREADY PARTLY CARRIED OUT); EXCAVATION AND LAND LEVELLING WORKS AS PREPARATION FOR THE SITING OF AN ANIMAL HOUSING BUILDING (ALREADY PARTLY CARRIED OUT); THE ERECTION OF THE ANIMAL HOUSING BUILDING; EXTENSION OF EXISTING BUILDING TO PROVIDE ANIMAL HOUSING AND THE ERECTION OF A SLURRY TANK FOR MR. D. CLEMENT
(Report recommended Approval)
All Councillors had declared “other” interests.
RECEIVED – Representations from the undermentioned speakers:-
Against the application:
Mr. Craig Russell - Objector (Letter read by Mrs. Tracy Kirton)
Mrs. Linda Brookes - Objector
Mrs. Tracy Kirton - Objector
For the application:
Mr. Rob Duncan - Applicant’s Agent
Mrs. Gill Heath - Supporter
NOTED - 1. Late Representations Report confirming that there was no objection from Stoke on Trent City Council Highway Authority;
2. This was a re-submission of the application to address the committee’s previously voiced concerns. The building had been rotated clockwise, moved to the North and reduced in size;
3. No objection from the Council’s Environmental Health Section;
4. Clarification by Officer regarding the closest point from the nearest house. Previously 45m, now 65m. The Slurry Tank was over 100m. Also ridge height now 7.1m;
5. Additional conditions requested by members as follows:- a) Roof to be green, b) Landscaping to conceal the shed and tanks, c) ‘setting out’ condition for levels and d) installation of a gate on the track, away from the road;
6. Additional informatives requested by members as follows:- a) installation of solar panels on the roof, b) install Anaerobic Digester and / or Hydro Generator, both with economic and Climate Change benefits;
7. Enforcement action had been necessary when unauthorised excavation work had been carried out in 2020;
8. Members noted the poor relations between the Applicant and some neighbours and hoped for an improvement in the future.
RESOLVED – That the application be APPROVED for the reasons and based on the policies contained in the report, subject to the conditions contained in the report and also the additional conditions and informatives referred to above.
FURTHER RESOLVED - In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Committee’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions / informatives / planning obligations or reasons for approval / refusal), prior to the decision being issued the Head of Development Services had delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Planning Applications Committee, provided that the changes did not exceed the substantive nature of the Committee’s decision.
(Proposed by Councillor Davies and seconded by Councillor Emery.)