REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATION
To gain agreement to introduce an on-line Community Lottery (“the Lottery”) to help raise funds for the local voluntary and community sector, and support good causes within the borough.
As set out in paragraph 5 of the report.
1. That the establishment of a Community Lottery for the purpose of raising funds to support good causes that benefit residents of the borough be agreed;
2. That the procurement of Gatherwell as an External Lottery Manager to run the operational side of the lottery be approved;
3. That the Executive Director (Governance and Commissioning), in consultation with the Leader of the Council, be authorised to establish criteria for determining which good causes can participate in the Lottery, and apply those criteria;
4. That the Executive Director (Governance and Commissioning) be authorised to apply for any necessary licences from the Gambling Commission to enable the Lottery to operate;
5. That the Head of Communities and Climate Change be nominated as the personal licence holder for the Lottery and authorises him to apply for the personal licence.
6. That the management and oversight of the Lottery and the authority to approve appropriate policies and procedures associated with the Lottery be delegated to the Executive Director (Governance and Commissioning) in consultation with the Leader of the Council.
ANY DECLARATION OF INTEREST
A NOTE OF ANY DISPENSATION RECEIVED