Venue: Virtual Meeting
Contact: Helen Gale Telephone: 01298 28400 ex. 2140 Email: email@example.com
To receive Disclosures of Interest on any matters before the Committee
There were no disclosures of interest.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 10 March 2020 be approved as a correct record subject to the following amendments:
(Agenda Item 2)
Consideration was given to the contents and structure of the report and it was unanimously agreed that the report up to and including paragraph 4.22 could be discussed and minuted in Part 1 as there would not be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
· Request, within constraints, for an urgent meeting with Buxton Civic Association, Vision Buxton, Buxton Town Team and Buxton Councillors to address concerns and deliver the scheme as part of the bigger vision
20/33 Proposals and Timetable for the Future High Street Fund/Heritage Action Zone
(Agenda Item )
1. That, within constraints, an urgent meeting be arranged with Buxton Civic Association, Vision Buxton, Buxton Town Team and Buxton Councillors to address concerns and deliver the scheme as part of the bigger vision.
A report identified the impact of COVID-19 on service delivery and plans being put in place for recovery.
Members conveyed their thanks to staff for their contribution during this period.
Consideration was given to:
· Identifying business need
· Telephone survey and discussions during the pandemic
· Possible web based survey
· Supporting employee retention and apprenticeships for young people
· Clarification would be sought on apprenticeships open to the public sector
· Reduced waste collection, street cleansing and grounds maintenance services
· Services targeting areas of increased footfall such as parks and the Hope Valley
· Reopening public toilets, required standards, cleaning availability and discussions with the County Council to progress
· Possible infrastructure projects
· Potential for a second wave
· Long term co-ordinated and prioritised approach
· Supporting businesses not eligible for grants
· Council discretion
· Empty property relief
· Lobbying via the LGA for additional business support
· On the Council website adding the link to the Eat out to help out scheme
1. That the details of the Council’s recovery to the COVID-19 pandemic as outlined in the report be noted.
2. That the proposed recovery plans outlined in the report be supported.
There was an overview and update on progress in delivering the Homes England Housing Infrastructure Fund Project (Fairfield Roundabout).
Discussion took place on:
· Highway Authority scheme
· Planning applications
· Executive report in the autumn
· Road traffic, HGVs and need for consultation
· Effect of roundabout on traffic flow into town
· Traffic impact assessment
· Consultation with County Councillors
· Requirement to deliver housing
· Air quality
· Public transport
· Existing need for infrastructure improvements and effect of increase in housing
· Support for retrunking A6
· Potential for employment
That the project update and the next steps proposed in order to progress the England Housing Infrastructure Fund Project (Fairfield Roundabout be noted.)
Select Committee Work Programme
Future agenda items would include:
· Feedback on Future High Street bid
· Housing Infrastructure Fund
· Recovery Programme
The Transport Working Group would reconvene and Select Chairs would meet to discuss the Work Programme.
That the Work Programme as amended be noted.
Exclusion of Press and Public
To resolve that the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972
That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
To approve exempt minutes of the previous meeting
That the exempt minutes of the meeting held on 10 March 2020 be approved as a correct record.