Venue: Virtual Meeting. View directions
Contact: Helen Gale Telephone: 01298 28400 ex. 2140 Email: email@example.com
To receive Disclosures of Interest on any matters before the Committee
Any matters referred to the Committee under the call-in procedure
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the meeting held on 2 February 2022 be approved as a correct record.
Buxton Traffic Management - Presentation by James Adams, Derbyshire County Council
There was a presentation by James Adams (Senior Project Engineer - Highways Hub, Derbyshire County Council) on Buxton A6 and A5004 Traffic Management and the planned programme.
Consideration was given to:
- Landslip and geology
- Other works including BT in the autumn
- Timescale and pressure for the works to take place
- Plans not yet finalised to accommodate 7 ½ ton and larger lorries around Limestone Peak, with discussions to take place with affected companies and local Councillors
- Clarifying whether residents could go via Waterswallows to go into Buxton
- Alternative routes and keeping Waterswallows road open for as long as possible
- Encouraging HGVs to avoid Buxton
- Diversions not being mandatory
- Liaising with satellite navigation companies
- Ensuring roads are well signed with concrete barricades
- Maximising the working time on site
- Hospital routes
- Where possible rescheduling any other works
- Press releases and website address for roadworks information
1. That the revised presentation and website address for roadworks information be circulated to members.
2. That the presentation be received with thanks.
Issues raised included:
- Scrutiny Review and proposals to establish a scrutiny conference/programming group with Chair and Executive member input
- Select Chairs meeting to review the work programme
- Future High Street Fund programme and Spring Gardens purchase reports to Corporate and Economy and Growth
- Update on Levelling Up bid
- Possible updates from organisations including Buxton Opera House, Peak District National Park, Visit Peak District etc
- Transport Group, developer contributions to infrastructure and A57 works
RESOLVED: That the Work Programme update be noted.
Any questions referred to the Executive Member (Member Services to be advised of any questions at least 4 days prior to the meeting)
Exclusion of press and public
To resolve that the press and pubic be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972
That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of the Local Government Act 1972.
It was reported that a Future high Street Fund update would be considered at the next Corporate Select Committee.
RESOLVED: That the exempt minutes of the meeting held 2 February 2022 be approved as a correct record.