Venue: Virtual Meeting. View directions
Contact: Helen Gale Telephone: 01298 28400 ex. 2140 Email: email@example.com
To receive Disclosures of Interest on any matters before the Committee
Any matters referred to the Committee under the call-in procedure
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the meeting held on 16 June 2022 be approved as a correct record.
Green Town 20 mph trials Derbyshire - Presentation
Simon Tranter and Alan Marsden from Derbyshire County Council outlined the Green Town 20mph Trials in 2 Derbyshire Towns, Buxton and Long Eaton. Discussion took place on:
- Padfield and the trial that had previously taken place.
- Market Towns had been considered and Buxton chosen because of the sustainable programmes.
- Timescale, wide public consultation planned and possible public exhibitions in around 8 to 12 months.
- Existing traffic and congestion without 20mph limit.
- Safety benefits around schools and where children play.
- Inclusion of Lightwood Road, other residential areas, parts of Fairfield, Long hill, Dale Road, Burlington Road and the Town Centre.
- Funding covering just the 20mph element.
- Road humps not being installed on most roads.
- Encouraging bus use.
- Police support for the scheme and discussion to take place about enforcement.
- Exemption just for red light vehicles and calls.
- Hope to improve Air Quality.
- Possible increased pollution from lorries and HGVs going slower.
- Congestion at Fairfield and lorry usage.
- Potential for reduction in noise from lorries at night and difficulty noise monitoring.
- Support for the trial scheme in principle.
- Subject to Borough approval, consideration by DCC Cabinet in around 3 months, forming teams, monitoring air quality, traffic cameras and CCTV, speed surveys and existing usage, Traffic Regulation Order, preliminary then formal consultation, objections evaluated, report to Cabinet and finally implementation in approximately 12 to 18 months.
- Comparing impact before and after introduction.
- Encouraging walking and cycling.
- Evaluation of trial and if negative removal of all signage, humps etc.
- Not raising expectation that all speeding would cease.
RESOLVED: That the presentation be received with thanks.
There was an update on the preparation of the UKSPF Investment Plan. Consideration was given to funding of £2.4 million over 3 years, managing distribution, agreeing the intervention within the investment plan and potential interest. Governance, elements of match funding, benefiting all areas and strengthening community, place and accessibility were discussed. Interventions will be more related to revenue projects and a small percentage for capital projects. Priorities could be submitted to the Regeneration Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
1. That progress on the preparation of the UKSPF Investment Plan submission be noted.
2. That local priorities be represented where they will deliver some of the required interventions, outputs and outcomes.
Levelling Up Fund - Oral update
It was reported that due to technical issue the deadline of 6 July 2022 had been extended. Once the portal was open there would be 2 weeks for bids to be uploaded. Further discussions were taking place on a leisure and health hub and also with the County Council. The proposal was for £20 million and the outline bid covered Victoria Hall and the Talbot Road building, Glossop. Local MP support, change in Prime Minister and the budget in October were discussed.
RESOLVED: That the update on the Levelling Up Fund be noted.
A meeting of the work programming group was being arranged.
It was reported that this was Sarah Porru’s last meeting. Sarah was thanked for all her hard work on projects for the authority and wished every success in the future.
RESOLVED: That the Select Committee Work Programme be noted.
Any questions referred to the Executive Member (Member Services to be advised of any questions at least 4 days prior to the meeting)
Exclusion of Press and Public
To resolve that the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972
That the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of the Local Government Act 1972.
Exempt minutes of the previous meeting
There was an update on the Future High Street Fund.
RESOLVED: That the exempt minutes of the meeting held on 16 June 2022 be approved as a correct record.