Venue: The Committee Room - Municipal Buildings, Glossop. View directions
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the meeting held 25 May 2017 be approved as a correct record, subject to the resolution in 18/4 being amended to ‘That the Growth Strategy be scrutinised by the Select Committee…’
Local Plan Annual Monitoring Report - Presentation
There was a presentation on the Local Plan Annual Monitoring report. Issues covered and discussed included:
· Purpose and methodology
· Completions and outstanding consents
· Development delivery discussions
· Affordable housing
· Forces influencing delivery of trajectory
· Draft 5 year supply
· Creating and the effect of the housing pipeline
· Employment land monitoring
· Individual consideration of each site
· Performance on Planning Appeals
· Building Control inspections and regulations under review
· Census and population estimates
· Ward data available on the intranet
· Local businesses expanding
· Trends, monitoring and residents commuting
· Cross border discussions
It was agreed that indications and numbers would be included in future monitoring reports.
RESOLVED: That the presentation be received with thanks.
An update on the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework would be added.
It was reported that broadband provision was being considered by Derbyshire County Council Resources Sub-Committee and a summary would be circulated to Committee members.
RESOLVED: That the Select Work Programme as amended be noted.
Exclusion of press and public
To resolve that the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item of business as there may be disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972
That the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item because there may be disclosure to them of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 3 and 5 of Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
Growth Strategy Delivery Mechanism
There was an update on the revisions made to the Growth Strategy following the consultation exercise last year and a progress report on the actions taken and planned to enable the effective delivery of the Strategy.
1. That the revised version of the Strategy be noted and recommended to the Executive for approval and publication of the Strategy to be made available online.
2. That the actions taken and planned since consultation of the Strategy for its effective delivery be noted.
3. That Councillor Claff and officers draft terms of reference for a Growth Strategy task and finish sub-committee, to be considered with membership at the next meeting. The purpose of the sub-committee would not be to delay or amend the strategy but to develop delivery mechanisms.